Visit Casper is seeking a Marketing Communications Coordinator to assist the marketing and sales team in identifying and executing tactics to support internal and external communication programs that advance Visit Casper’s strategy. Key responsibilities include support of targeted marketing campaigns, coordination of high-profile marketing events, managing a CRM database, convention services, social media management, data entry and tracking and basic graphic design.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Work with the marketing team to:
– Update websites and social platforms as needed/appropriate.
– Assist in managing the Visit Casper website.
– Monitor identified KPIs.
– Build, write and deploy emails across multiple business segments.
– Assist with basic graphic design and copywriting.
– Help create, facilitate and manage Visit Casper owned events.
Work with the sales team to:
– Provide convention services to clients including welcome bags, name tags, registration support, etc.
– Research organizations, perform data entry and manage tradeshow follow up.
– Help organize individual site inspections and group familiarization tours to acquaint clients with hotels, restaurants and attractions.
– Orchestrate appointments for sales blitzes.
– Work with industry partners on listings and create itineraries, enter tour information, etc.
– Assist in non-traditional revenue sales efforts.
– Attend tradeshows as necessary/appropriate.
– Develop and distribute various communications with key partners regarding events and upcoming groups.
– Work with industry partners to maintain open flow of communication.
– Complete post-meeting follow-up to include post-convention surveys, thank you letters and pick up reports.
OTHER DUTIES INCLUDE:
– Provide backup support for other staff as needed.
– May travel to attend meetings, conference and trainings.
– May be required to attend special events and meeting during evenings and weekends as needed.
– Proficiency in the use of computers and related equipment, hardware and software applicable to area of assignment.
– Effective oral and written communications.
– Skill in prioritizing, tracking and managing multiple projects, assignments and duties.
The ability to work well with others and resolve conflicts, comfortable with MS Office, Word Press and social media platforms. Must be able to physically stand for long periods of time and lift and carry boxes up to 35 pounds. Must be/become a Certified Tourism Ambassador™ and be willing to learn the Simpleview CRM.
The successful candidate will also be expected to provide exceptional customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
Employment with Visit Casper is at will for both the employer and employee. Visit Casper is an equal opportunity employer. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and possess a valid State of Wyoming Driver’s License. A Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of relevant experience in marketing, communications, PR and/or sales support is preferred.
To apply, please send a resume, salary requirements and a detailed cover letter outlining why you’re the best candidate to Visitors@VisitCasper.com. Please include: MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR in the subject line. No phone calls please.