An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and dedicated sales professional to join the Visit Casper team. Reporting to the CEO, the Business Development Manager works with industry partners, leaders and stakeholders to generate new convention, group tour and event business for the Casper Area.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for promoting Natrona County to domestic and international receptive tour operators, tour operators, meeting planners and event promoters. This includes generating definite room night bookings, tracking clients, organizing Visit Casper’s presence at trade shows, client events, sales missions, and hosting site and familiarization tours.
We are seeking an exceptional candidate who is excited to be a part of Visit Casper’s unique culture, understands and values our business model and thrives on achieving goals. Ideally someone who naturally goes above and beyond and applies a creative approach to business development and customer service, contributing to Visit Casper’s ability to grow the local visitor economy. The successful candidate must also display a positive attitude, a willingness to learn and can balance working autonomously along with being a team player.
– Identifying and securing meetings, group and event business for the area.
– Willingness to employ phone based cold calling, direct sales and other tactics to generate leads across multiple segments.
– Performing convention and trades show solicitation regionally with the ability to close and book business from within Wyoming and the surrounding region.
– Providing comprehensive and clear monthly prospect-based sales pipeline reports.
– Utilizing Visit Casper’s CRM to track all prospecting and sales activity by account.
– Working with administrative staff, manage all arrangements for hosted site and familiarization tours.
– Creating strategic direction and organization of the sales division.
– Acting as an authority in all matters relating to long-range and short-term sales strategies that maximize the availability of local venues.
– Initiating and developing promotional and sales plans with staff to drive lead generation and awareness for Casper as a meeting and event destination.
– Contributing to Visit Casper’s culture and being a valuable team player.
Key Selection Criteria
– Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field.
– Preference of 4-6 years of business development and/or direct sales experience.
– Communicate with diplomacy and sensitivity with both internal and external stakeholders.
– A sound knowledge of, and/or experience within the tourism industry is highly desired.
– Ability to accurately prepare monthly reports and other documents as needed in a timely and efficient manner.
– Computer proficient in MS Office, Internet and database programs.
– Work and travel outside of the normal Monday through Friday 8am – 5pm as needed (Estimated 15% travel). Attend all major convention/trade conferences and trade shows as the official Visit Casper representative.
– Must be tactful and courteous and able to display an appropriate public image when representing Visit Casper.
– Demonstrated achievements in the development and implementation of sales strategies to meet or exceed targets.
– Access to existing network of industry stakeholders across hospitality, retail, attractions, accommodations and local government sectors is desirable but is not mandatory.
– Possess superior negotiation skills coupled with a net profit bottom line mentality.
To apply, please send a resume, salary requirements and a detailed cover letter outlining why you’re the best candidate to Jennifer (jennifer @ VisitCasper.com). Please include: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER in the subject line. No phone calls please.